Can your toothpaste be swallowed?

Updated 2 years ago by Atul Shastry

One of the main reasons dentists strongly recommend avoiding swallowing toothpaste is because it can contribute to a condition known as “dental fluorosis.” Dental fluorosis is a defect of our tooth enamel in which fine white lines become visible on our teeth. Dental fluorosis is caused by taking in too much fluoride over a long period when the teeth are forming under the gums.

What's good about toothpaste is that its Fluoride-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Non-GMO. Meaning it doesn't have the ingredients which make a toothpaste harmful when swallowed. If your kid happens to swallow our toothpaste by accident, it's completely safe... however, we do not recommend intentionally ingesting it.

How did we do?

Powered by HelpDocs (opens in a new tab)

Powered by HelpDocs (opens in a new tab)